January is officially National Soup month. With cold weather in many parts of the country, its the perfect month to celebrate and enjoy soup of all kinds. We are pleased to usher in the New Year, and finally launch our new web site, that we hope you will enjoy.
The new site should be more flexible, interactive, and enable several specific improvements over our old site, including:
- We are now able to list more information about each product, including the ingredients, nutritional information, and let customers input their own product ratings.
- Customers can create accounts, and securely store much of their information to avoid re-entering it each time they order.
- Shipping charges will be calculated based on actually shipping weight and distance, rather than using broad averages. We believe this approach will be much more equitable.
- We now can offer special discount codes for our repeat customers, and you will have the opportunity to opt in or out of our periodic e-mail updates.
- It should be much easier to understand the individual product and case pricing, which was confusing on our last site.
- We have an expanded list of prepackaged gift assortments, and will be adding additional products in the very near future.
- We have a new recipe section that we are still populating. Our idea was to share favorite recipes incorporating some of our products, or even great recipes that others should try. The recipes offer the ability to leave customer ratings, as well as comments and suggestions for improvements or adaptations. If you have a favorite recipe that you would like to enter, you can now do that on line, or please send us the recipe and we will try to get it entered.
- We are still working on the product locator. One of our key challenges is to maintain an accurate, current directory of where our products are being sold in grocery and specialty stores across the country. We have an interim solution incorporated, but hope to have a better system shortly.
Finally, we would welcome your feedback and suggestions for improvements. We believe this new site will be a big step forward and easier to use. Please let us know what you think and what else we could be doing to help improve your enjoyment of our products! Thank you!
Sean & Colin ONeil